12/28/16: Get the Feet You Need
When we go sailing, it may be necessary to get our sea legs under us. Having “sea legs” means we have made a bodily adjustment to the motion of the ship indicated especially by the ability to walk steadily and by freedom from seasickness. In other words, no matter what havoc the sea decides to throw at our boat, we will be able to function securely.
Now think of the sea as life’s vicissitudes. The wave of financial reversal may wash across the deck. The wind of the unexpected death of a family member or close friend may threaten to blow you off course. And the lightning strike of a failed relationship might blind you momentarily and come menacingly close to burning down your main mast. In the midst of the storm, when there’s nothing else you can do, trust God to supply you with sea legs.
Habakkuk 3:19 says, “The LORD God is my strength; he will make my feet like deer’s feet, and He will make me walk on my high hills” (NKJ). Certain types of deer inhabit rocky hillsides. The only way they can climb up and down and survive in their habitat is because God has formed them with specially-designed feet. No matter what they face, they are able to function and walk effortlessly among stony obstacles.
Those deer’s feet are like sea legs. Look to God as your source of strength. Today, let Him give you the feet you need to walk effortlessly among your obstacles and the sea legs you need to stand steadily until you reach a friendly port.
©2016 Sharon Norris Elliott. Feel free to forward this devotion in its entirety, including this copyright line. Leave comments, ask questions, read past devotions, or subscribe to receive these devotions daily in your e-mail at www.sanewriter.wordpress.com. Also, periodically check in at www.LifeThatMatters.net to see what’s going on in the ministry.
Links you won’t want to miss:
- Watch Sharon in two shows on The Holy Spirit Broadcasting Network:
- Life That Matters with Sharon Norris Elliott, and
- A View from the Upper Room
from any internet-connected device at www.HSBN.tv.
(Stream current show or view past episodes anytime!)
- Get Sharon’s newest book, 366 Glimpses of God: Getting to Know the God Who Knows You. Start every day of your new year with one of these thoughtful devotional readings that will focus your attention on our amazing heavenly Father.
- Pick up a copies of Sharon’s books for yourself and as gifts for your family members and friends!
- Why I Get Into Trouble link to our eStore: https://www.createspace.com/5131814
- Boomerangs to Arrows: A Godly Guide for Launching Young Adult Children available from Judson Press (http://www.judsonpress.com/product.cfm?product_id=17387),
Boomerangs Videolink: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2JH_gbinMk
- Power Suit: The Armor of God Fit for the Feminine Frame from New Hope Publishers (http://www.newhopedigital.com/2010/08/power-suit/)
Sharon’s other books still available: