12/26/16: Time to Go Back to School
It’s hard to dispute the fact that education is worthwhile and necessary if we plan to get ahead. Granted, education exists in many forms. Some of us have spent thousands of dollars on formal education on the university level. Others have chosen work that required several levels of OJT (on the job training). Sometimes we’ve enhanced our knowledge by attending workshops and seminars. Any way you slice it, in order to advance, we’ve done so through education.
Becoming good Christians is no different. We must continually learn how to be better and better at living this life. Instead of feeling we’ve arrived, or especially when we get the feeling that we’ve arrived, we should echo the psalmist as he says, “Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground” Psalm 143:10 (NIV).
You see, no matter how long we live, we will never know everything God needs for us to know. Why? “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD. “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts” Isaiah 55:8-9 (NKJ).
There will always be something God can teach us. He’s our God, His Spirit is good, and we can trust Him to lead us correctly. Register for the classes you need in God today. Go back to school, asking Him, “Teach me to do your will.”
©2016 Sharon Norris Elliott. Feel free to forward this devotion in its entirety, including this copyright line. Leave comments, ask questions, read past devotions, or subscribe to receive these devotions daily in your e-mail at www.sanewriter.wordpress.com. Also, periodically check in at www.LifeThatMatters.net to see what’s going on in the ministry.
Links you won’t want to miss:
- Watch Sharon in two shows on The Holy Spirit Broadcasting Network:
- Life That Matters with Sharon Norris Elliott, and
- A View from the Upper Room
from any internet-connected device at www.HSBN.tv.
(Stream current show or view past episodes anytime!)
- Pick up a copies of Sharon’s books for yourself and as gifts for your family members and friends!
- Why I Get Into Trouble link to our eStore: https://www.createspace.com/5131814
- Boomerangs to Arrows: A Godly Guide for Launching Young Adult Children available from Judson Press (http://www.judsonpress.com/product.cfm?product_id=17387),
Boomerangs Videolink: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2JH_gbinMk
- Power Suit: The Armor of God Fit for the Feminine Frame from New Hope Publishers (http://www.newhopedigital.com/2010/08/power-suit/)
Sharon’s other books still available: