9/28/16: Let it Roll Off
Proverbs 26:2 says, “Like a flitting sparrow, like a flying swallow, so a curse without cause shall not alight” (NKJ). The NIV Bible says it this way, “Like a fluttering sparrow or a darting swallow, an undeserved curse does not come to rest.” The Message Bible renders it, “You have as little to fear from an undeserved curse as from the dart of a wren or the swoop of a swallow.” How about hearing it from the Contemporary English Version, “A curse you don’t deserve will take wings and fly away like a sparrow or a swallow.” The New Living Translation says, “Like a fluttering sparrow or a darting swallow, an undeserved curse will not land on its intended victim.” And the New International Reader’s Version translates the idea like this, “A curse given for no reason is like a wandering bird or a flying sparrow. It doesn’t go anywhere.”
Maybe you’re still not convinced. Here’s the verse in Spanish: Como el gorrión sin rumbo o la golondrina sin nido, la maldición sin motivo jamás llega a su destino. Proverbios 26:2 (Nueva Versión Internacional)
Here’s the verse in French: Une malédiction injustifiée reste sans effet, elle est comme le moineau qui s’enfuit ou l’hirondelle qui s’envole. Proverbes 26:2 (La Bible du Semeur)
And here’s the verse in Haitian Creole: Madichon pa ka fè ou anyen si ou pa antò. Se tankou ti zwezo k’ap vòltije sou branch bwa, ziwondèl k’ap vole nan syèl la yo ye. Pwovèb 26:2 (Haitian Creole Version)
What’s my point? No matter how you render it, the truth remains the same. Let an underserved curse just roll off. It won’t land on you, you have little to fear, and you will not be victimized by it.
Mission Trip Update! 12 days to go! I can really still use your financial donations. Gifts you now send between today and when we leave are still necessary for personal expenses and gift books. Since I was not able to raise enough money to ship a large number of books for all the ladies who will attend the women’s conferences, I will pack as many Power Suit books as possible (to meet the weight restrictions) to give to pastor’s wives and the women at the television stations in Kenya and Zambia; and I’ll take as many Why I Get Into Trouble children’s books and I’ll figure out a way to distribute them.
The trip has been narrowed down to KENYA and ZAMBIA! I’ve seen the proof of the posters that will be passed out and the billboards that will be placed throughout the cities. I will be teaching at the Leader’s Seminars, encouraging the ladies at the Women’s Seminars, and preaching at the evening crusades. People travel all over the world every day, but it’s my first time and I’m pinching myself being sure it’s all actually real! Thank you in advance! You can give three ways:
- Via Paypal through my ministry website: http://www.lifethatmatters.net. Click “Donate.” [Remember that Paypal charges a 3-4% fee on my end.]
- By check sent to my post office box: P.O. Box 1519, Inglewood, CA 90308
- Via Paypal through the HSBN.tv website. (Be sure to let the network know your donation is for Rev. Sharon Elliott’s Africa trip.)
Links you won’t want to miss:
- Watch Sharon in two shows on The Holy Spirit Broadcasting Network:
- Life That Matters with Sharon Norris Elliott, and
- A View from the Upper Room
from any internet-connected device at www.HSBN.tv.
(Stream current show or view past episodes anytime!)
- Pick up a copies of Sharon’s books for yourself and as gifts for your family members and friends!
- Why I Get Into Trouble link to our eStore: https://www.createspace.com/5131814
- Boomerangs to Arrows: A Godly Guide for Launching Young Adult Children available from Judson Press (http://www.judsonpress.com/product.cfm?product_id=17387),
Boomerangs Videolink: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2JH_gbinMk
- Power Suit: The Armor of God Fit for the Feminine Frame from New Hope Publishers (http://www.newhopedigital.com/2010/08/power-suit/)
Sharon’s other books still available: