7/25/16: Do Not Let Fear Win
One of the enemies of success is fear. From the time we are little kids, fear tries its best to exalt itself and hinder our advancement. Bullies in school use it to scare us into giving them our lunch money. Gang members use it to increase their ranks. Abusive spouses use it to keep their wives under their feet. And corrupt political leaders use it to maintain their power.
The archenemy of our soul uses fear too. Satan will do everything he can to intimidate us in order to hinder the advancement of the Kingdom of God. We’ll be scared to step out into ministry, scared to speak out on behalf of the truth, and scared to show up in support of righteousness. We need to realize that the adage is true: F.E.A.R. stands for False Evidence Appearing Real. The only thing that gives bullies, gang members, abusive spouses, corrupt political leaders, and the devil any power is our submission to them.
The remnant of the children of Israel who returned to Jerusalem in the book of Ezra has a message for us in regard to fear. Ezra 3:3 states, “Though fear had come upon them because of the people of those countries, they set the altar on its bases; and they offered burnt offerings on it to the Lord, both the morning and evening burnt offerings” (NKJ). Those folks realized they had a job to do because of the God they served. They would not allow fear to stop them from honoring God.
Step out, speak, show up, and build despite the people all around – despite the fear. Do not let fear become a hindrance to doing what God clearly wants done.
©2016 Sharon Norris Elliott. Feel free to forward this devotion in its entirety, including this copyright line. Leave comments, ask questions, read past devotions, or subscribe to receive these devotions daily in your e-mail at www.sanewriter.wordpress.com. Also, periodically check in at www.LifeThatMatters.net to see what’s going on in the ministry.
Mission Trip Update! ZAMBIA AND OTHER SOUTH AFRICAN NATIONS, here I come! I started getting the necessary vaccinations for the trip and all that medication is really expensive. Our team will be purchasing our airfare soon. Then the next money due will be for our hotels, food, and visas. Finally, I want to take books for the women who attend the Power Suit Women’s Conferences. Please do not hesitate. I really need your financial donations now. Thank you in advance! Click this link: to go to the full request. You can give three ways:
- Via Paypal through my ministry website: http://www.lifethatmatters.net (Click “Donate”)
- By check sent to my post office box: P.O. Box 1519, Inglewood, CA 90308
- Via Paypal through the HSBN.tv website. (Be sure to let the network know your donation is for Rev. Sharon Elliott.)
Links you won’t want to miss:
- Watch Sharon in two shows on The Holy Spirit Broadcasting Network:
- Life That Matters with Sharon Norris Elliott, and
- A View from the Upper Room
from any internet-connected device at www.HSBN.tv.
(Stream current show or view past episodes anytime!)
- Pick up a copies of Sharon’s books for yourself and as gifts for your family members and friends!
- Why I Get Into Trouble link to our eStore: https://www.createspace.com/5131814
- Boomerangs to Arrows: A Godly Guide for Launching Young Adult Children available from Judson Press (http://www.judsonpress.com/product.cfm?product_id=17387),
Boomerangs Videolink: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2JH_gbinMk
- Power Suit: The Armor of God Fit for the Feminine Frame from New Hope Publishers (http://www.newhopedigital.com/2010/08/power-suit/)
Sharon’s other books still available: