7/16/16: No Good Thing Withheld
AFRICA TRIP UPDATE: Plans have slightly changed. Our team will now minister in Lusaka, Zambia and Eldoret, Kenya. Please remember to send your gift to support the upcoming Africa missions trip! All who donate will receive a special thank you gift! See below for details about giving. Now for today’s devotion…
The story is told of a man who gets to heaven and is given a tour. The tour guide angel shows the man such glories as the streets of gold, the mansions Jesus has been preparing for each of His saints, and God’s throne room. As they are walking down one particular celestial pathway, they pass a room to which the door is partially ajar. Inside the room, for as far as the eye could see, were all sorts of beautifully wrapped presents.
The new arrival asks, “What’s that room all about?”
The angel answers, “Oh, that’s the room holding answers to prayer.”
The puzzled man inquired further, “Well, what are they all doing still here?”
The angel replied, “God answered as soon as His saints made their request, but when we showed up with the delivery, the requester had moved on, having not been patient enough to wait to receive what God had for them.”
Psalm 84:11 says, “… no good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly” (NKJ). The NIV renders that verse this way: “… no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless, and The Message Bible says, “He doesn’t scrimp with his traveling companions.” We conduct ourselves rightly and honorable, not just to get things, but because we love God. However, know that God’s unfailing love for us will be manifested to those of us whose hearts are determined to walk in His ways.
Patiently wait for God’s wonderful answers to your prayers. Answered prayer and good things are just as natural an outcome of an obedient life, as a bountiful harvest is of good seed planted in good soil.
I’m going to Africa! Mission Trip Update! ZAMBIA AND KENYA, here I come! Preparations are in full swing. I started getting the necessary vaccinations for the trip. All that medication is really expensive. Please sow a financial donation into my upcoming mission trip. Thank you in advance! Click this link: to go to the full request with instructions on how to give toward this amazing ministry opportunity! You can give three ways:
- Via Paypal through my ministry website: http://www.lifethatmatters.net (Click “Donate”)
- By check sent to my post office box: P.O. Box 1519, Inglewood, CA 90308
©2016 Sharon Norris Elliott. Feel free to forward this devotion in its entirety, including this copyright line. Leave comments, ask questions, read past devotions, or subscribe to receive these devotions daily in your e-mail at www.sanewriter.wordpress.com. Also, periodically check in at www.LifeThatMatters.net to see what’s going on in the ministry.
Links you won’t want to miss:
- Watch Sharon in two shows on The Holy Spirit Broadcasting Network:
- Life That Matters with Sharon Norris Elliott, and
- A View from the Upper Room
from any internet-connected device at www.HSBN.tv.
(Stream current show or view past episodes anytime!)
- Pick up a copies of Sharon’s books for yourself and as gifts for your family members and friends!
- Why I Get Into Trouble link to our eStore: https://www.createspace.com/5131814
- Boomerangs to Arrows: A Godly Guide for Launching Young Adult Children available from Judson Press (http://www.judsonpress.com/product.cfm?product_id=17387),
Boomerangs Videolink: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2JH_gbinMk
- Power Suit: The Armor of God Fit for the Feminine Frame from New Hope Publishers (http://www.newhopedigital.com/2010/08/power-suit/)
Sharon’s other books still available: