6/8/16: It’s Simple
This morning during my prayer time, I prayed a great big prayer. There’s nothing wrong with that because we serve a great big God. I usually feel as if God hears my prayers and will answer them, yet sometimes, when I pray these huge prayers, I’m tempted to doubt and think that maybe I’m being outrageous. Maybe I’m just throwing up huge pipe dreams.
After I prayed, I turned to my Bible reading for the day and found myself at Second Kings chapter 3. The passage discusses how Mesha, the king of Moab, decided to rebel against Jehoram, the king of Israel. Jehoram wasn’t going to be disrespected, so he got his army together and called for help from King Jehoshaphat, the king of Judah, and the king of Edom. They decided to take a route that ended up being a 7-day, roundabout journey through an area with no water. What were they going to do? How were they going to refresh their troops in time to fight?
Well, Jehoshaphat asked for a prophet so the kings could hear from God before they took another step. Enter Elisha. He prophesied, “Thus says the Lord: ‘Make this valley full of ditches.’ For thus says the Lord: ‘You shall not see wind, nor shall you see rain; yet that valley shall be filled with water, so that you, your cattle, and your animals may drink.’ And this is a simple matter in the sight of the Lord; He will also deliver the Moabites into your hand” 2 Kings 3:16-18 (NKJ).
The prayer I had just prayed was at least as big as the need for a valley to suddenly fill with ditches, to have no rain to fall, yet to have the ditches fill with water so an army could drink. I became encouraged to see my prayer like Elisha saw things: “this is a simple matter in the sight of the Lord.” The God who can fill ditches with water without sending rain, is the same God who can part the Red Sea, turn water into wine, feed 5,000 with a little boy’s lunch, restore sight to the blind, walk on water, raise Jesus from the dead, and fulfill my great big prayer requests.
What are you praying for? Be encouraged. This is a simple matter in the sight of the Lord.
Africa Trip Update! NEW LOCATION – Our team is going to Zambia and possibly several other African nations. Please sow a financial donation into my upcoming mission trip. Every dime you send will be used for the trip. Thank you in advance! Click this link: to go to the full request with instructions on how to give toward this amazing ministry opportunity! You can give three ways:
- Via Paypal through my ministry website: http://www.lifethatmatters.net
- Via The Holy Spirit Broadcasting Network cite: http://www.hsbn.tv
- By check sent to my post office box: P.O. Box 1519, Inglewood, CA 90308
©2016 Sharon Norris Elliott. Feel free to forward this devotion in its entirety, including this copyright line. Leave comments, ask questions, read past devotions, or subscribe to receive these devotions daily in your e-mail at www.sanewriter.wordpress.com. Also, periodically check in at www.LifeThatMatters.net to see what’s going on in the ministry.
Links you won’t want to miss:
- Watch Sharon in two shows on The Holy Spirit Broadcasting Network:
- Life That Matters with Sharon Norris Elliott, and
- A View from the Upper Room
from any internet-connected device at www.HSBN.tv.
(Stream current show or view past episodes anytime!)
- Pick up a copies of Sharon’s books for yourself and as gifts for your family members and friends!
- Why I Get Into Trouble link to our eStore: https://www.createspace.com/5131814
- Boomerangs to Arrows: A Godly Guide for Launching Young Adult Children available from Judson Press (http://www.judsonpress.com/product.cfm?product_id=17387),
Boomerangs Videolink: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2JH_gbinMk
- Power Suit: The Armor of God Fit for the Feminine Frame from New Hope Publishers (http://www.newhopedigital.com/2010/08/power-suit/)
Sharon’s other books still available: