5/25/16: When God Rises Up
Has it ever happened that you were acting up either at school or at home, and just when you were at the height of your foolishness, the teacher or your parent walked in? You were caught red-handed in your misbehavior. Your heart started beating faster and your mind started racing for any excuse to make the scene look not so bad. You knew the hammer was about to fall.
Now think of a time when you were doing exactly what you were supposed to be doing when the teacher or your parent walked in. The arrival of authority didn’t faze you at all. In fact, you met authority’s entrance with a welcome smile or nod. It actually felt good to be “caught” doing the right thing.
Psalm 68:1 and 3 is a picture of this idea. “Let God arise, let His enemies be scattered; let those also who hate Him flee before Him… But let the righteous be glad; let them rejoice before God; yes, let them rejoice exceedingly” (NKJ). The Message Bible states these verses this way, “Up with God! Down with his enemies! Adversaries run for the hills!… When the righteous see God in action they’ll laugh, they’ll sing, they’ll laugh and sing for joy” (MSG). The Hebrew word for “arise” used here is “quwm” and it means “to accomplish, be clearer, and establish.” You see, when God shows up, He has a point to accomplish, something He wants to make clear, and a position He intends to establish.
Which side of the equation are we on when God shows up? When God rises up ready to accomplish something in our lives, are we found ducking for cover, trying to dodge His hand, and back-peddling out of our mess? Or are we smiling, laughing, and singing for joy at His arrival?
God only wants to make clear His wants, establish us in His ways, and accomplish His will through us. Up with God; let God arise in our lives today!
Africa Trip Update! NEW LOCATION – Our team is now going to Zambia and Uganda. Please sow a financial donation into my upcoming mission trip. Every dime you send will be used for the trip. Thank you in advance! Click this link: to go to the full request with instructions on how to give toward this amazing ministry opportunity! You can give three ways:
- Via Paypal through my ministry website: http://www.lifethatmatters.net
- Via The Holy Spirit Broadcasting Network cite: http://www.hsbn.tv
- By check sent to my post office box: P.O. Box 1519, Inglewood, CA 90308
©2016 Sharon Norris Elliott. Feel free to forward this devotion in its entirety, including this copyright line. Leave comments, ask questions, read past devotions, or subscribe to receive these devotions daily in your e-mail at www.sanewriter.wordpress.com. Also, periodically check in at www.LifeThatMatters.net to see what’s going on in the ministry.
Links you won’t want to miss:
- Watch Sharon in two shows on The Holy Spirit Broadcasting Network:
- Life That Matters with Sharon Norris Elliott, and
- A View from the Upper Room
from any internet-connected device at www.HSBN.tv.
(Stream current show or view past episodes anytime!)
- Pick up a copies of Sharon’s books for yourself and as gifts for your family members and friends!
- Why I Get Into Trouble link to our eStore: https://www.createspace.com/5131814
- Boomerangs to Arrows: A Godly Guide for Launching Young Adult Children available from Judson Press (http://www.judsonpress.com/product.cfm?product_id=17387),
Boomerangs Videolink: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2JH_gbinMk
- Power Suit: The Armor of God Fit for the Feminine Frame from New Hope Publishers (http://www.newhopedigital.com/2010/08/power-suit/)
Sharon’s other books still available: