5/20/16: See God in the Sanctuary
A home is wonderful. It’s the location where all the “stuff” of our life has a place. Our homes, and the stuff in our homes, usually reflect our personalities too and what’s important to us. For example, my friend Annvernette and her husband’s home in New Orleans is warm and inviting as well as knock down, gorgeously appointed. Their home not only says, “Welcome,” but you know you’re special to them because they took the time to share with you and surround you with so much beauty. If you come to our home, you would see lots of pictures of family and you’d see lots of books. These items reflect our devotion to our loved ones and our thirst for knowledge.
I believe it is especially true of a woman that her home is an extension of who she is. We “see” her in her home. The same is true of God. We see Him (or we ought to) in His home. Psalm 63:2 says, “I have looked for You in the sanctuary, to see Your power and Your glory” (NKJ). Did we look for God in His house the last time we attended church? Did His house reflect His power and glory? Deeper still, now that we realize that our hearts of God’s home, do we see His power and glory there? “Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?” 1 Corinthians 6:19 (NAS).
Perhaps it’s time to do some interior and exterior renovation to the temple of God – the sanctuary that is you – so that it looks more like God’s house. When folks “visit,” when they come in contact with us, may they look for God in the sanctuary that is our lives, and see His power and glory.
Africa Trip Update! NEW LOCATION – Our team is now going to Zambia and Uganda. Please sow a financial donation into my upcoming mission trip. Every dime you send will be used for the trip. Thank you in advance! Click this link: to go to the full request with instructions on how to give toward this amazing ministry opportunity! You can give three ways:
- Via Paypal through my ministry website: http://www.lifethatmatters.net
- Via The Holy Spirit Broadcasting Network cite: http://www.hsbn.tv
- By check sent to my post office box: P.O. Box 1519, Inglewood, CA 90308
©2016 Sharon Norris Elliott. Feel free to forward this devotion in its entirety, including this copyright line. Leave comments, ask questions, read past devotions, or subscribe to receive these devotions daily in your e-mail at www.sanewriter.wordpress.com. Also, periodically check in at www.LifeThatMatters.net to see what’s going on in the ministry.
Links you won’t want to miss:
- Watch Sharon in two shows on The Holy Spirit Broadcasting Network:
- Life That Matters with Sharon Norris Elliott, and
- A View from the Upper Room
from any internet-connected device at www.HSBN.tv.
(Stream current show or view past episodes anytime!)
- Pick up a copies of Sharon’s books for yourself and as gifts for your family members and friends!
- Why I Get Into Trouble link to our eStore: https://www.createspace.com/5131814
- Boomerangs to Arrows: A Godly Guide for Launching Young Adult Children available from Judson Press (http://www.judsonpress.com/product.cfm?product_id=17387),
Boomerangs Videolink: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2JH_gbinMk
- Power Suit: The Armor of God Fit for the Feminine Frame from New Hope Publishers (http://www.newhopedigital.com/2010/08/power-suit/)
Sharon’s other books still available: