4/13/16: Good Ideas
Throughout time, great ideas have benefited us. Think of where we would be without Eli Whitney’s cotton gin, Henry Ford’s Model T, and Alexander Graham Bell’s telephone. Not only have inventions been good for us, but so have movements. It was a good idea to mandate that children go to school and receive a standardized type of education. It was a good idea to form a country regulated by the rule of law rather than by the whim of a powerful individual. It was a good idea to enact child labor laws. It was a good idea to end slavery and segregation.
Someone came up with every good idea that has ever been invented or enacted. We know about and have benefited from those ideas because those visionaries acted upon the ideas they had. I would venture to say that in every case, somewhere along they line, they probably wrote the idea down to work it all out. They also started speaking it forth so that others caught onto the idea and were able to run with it.
What do we do with the great ideas God gives us? What’s the point of getting ideas if we do nothing with them? The Psalmist gives us a kick in the pants by telling us how he reacts to the great ideas that flow through him. He says, “My heart is overflowing with a good theme; I recite my composition concerning the King; my tongue is the pen of a ready writer” Psalm 45:1 (NKJ).
As we remain in tune with the Father’s heart, let’s get excited about the ideas that flow through our minds and hearts. Keep a notepad or small digital recorder handy to capture your sparks of genius. On paper, write out everything that comes to mind about your idea. Talk to God about it and run it past people you trust. Get input to expand your idea. Reflect on what it would take to carry it out. If God doesn’t close doors, walk through them with your idea. As you move forward, meditate on the following verses:
- Proverbs 8:6 “Listen, for I will speak of excellent things, and from the opening of my lips will come right things” (NKJ), and
- Prov 18:16 “A man’s gift makes room for him, and brings him before great men” (NKJ).
Now prepare yourself and your idea for presentation and implementation.
When your heart overflows with good ideas, write them down, speak them forth, and be ready to carry them out. Your anointed ideas are God’s blessings for your life and for the lives of others.
Africa Trip Update! Please sow a financial donation into my upcoming mission trip. Every dime you send will be used for the trip. Thank you in advance! Click this link: to go to the full request with instructions on how to give toward this amazing ministry opportunity! You can give three ways:
- Via Paypal through my ministry website: http://www.lifethatmatters.net
- Via The Holy Spirit Broadcasting Network cite: http://www.hsbn.tv
- By check sent to my post office box: P.O. Box 1519, Inglewood, CA 90308
©2016 Sharon Norris Elliott. Feel free to forward this devotion in its entirety, including this copyright line. Leave comments, ask questions, read past devotions, or subscribe to receive these devotions daily in your e-mail at www.sanewriter.wordpress.com. Also, periodically check in at www.LifeThatMatters.net to see what’s going on in the ministry.
Links you won’t want to miss:
- Watch Sharon in two shows on The Holy Spirit Broadcasting Network:
- Life That Matters with Sharon Norris Elliott, and
- A View from the Upper Room
from any internet-connected device at www.HSBN.tv.
(Stream current show or view past episodes anytime!)
- Pick up a copies of Sharon’s books for yourself and as gifts for your family members and friends!
- Why I Get Into Trouble link to our eStore: https://www.createspace.com/5131814
- Boomerangs to Arrows: A Godly Guide for Launching Young Adult Children available from Judson Press (http://www.judsonpress.com/product.cfm?product_id=17387),
Boomerangs Videolink: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2JH_gbinMk
- Power Suit: The Armor of God Fit for the Feminine Frame from New Hope Publishers (http://www.newhopedigital.com/2010/08/power-suit/)
Sharon’s other books still available: