4/2/16: Remember, Respond, Rejoice
Our journey up the ladder of success can be compared to the Israelites’ journey to the Promised Land. God has brought us out of some bondages and across some Red Seas – through situations we never thought we’d escape, and over obstacles we never thought we’d conquer. Now look at us. New horizons loom promisingly and we’re about to step into unimaginable blessing.
When we look around and see from where God has brought us, and that we’re doing okay, God has laid out a way to help us keep our feet on the ground and our heads out of the clouds. Deuteronomy 26:10-12 instructs us to bring the firstfruits of our land (our business profits) and “…set it before the LORD your God, and worship before the LORD your God.” What we have to give is to be used to bless four groups of people:
- Levites: the ones called to minister to us. We should be blessing those who feed us with the Word of God;
- Strangers: those we meet who cross our paths with whom we have an opportunity to show love and share Christ;
- The Fatherless: those without parents who need the kind of care parents should have provided but cannot provide any longer (due to death or absence); and
- Widows: women in a desolate place due to the death of their husband.
Once we have handled our business of remembering from whence we’ve come and responding by giving back, then we can rightfully rejoice. “So you shall rejoice in every good thing which the LORD your God has given to you and your house…” Deuteronomy 26:11 (NKJ).
Sure we should be aptly humble, but there’s no need for us to feel bad about our blessings. It is fully appropriate to “rejoice in every good thing which the Lord your God has given you and your house.” If we have taken care to remember God with our tithes and offerings, and have responded rightly in caring for others, our rejoicing will be the testimony that shines the light right back on God.
©2016 Sharon Norris Elliott. Feel free to forward this devotion in its entirety, including this copyright line. Leave comments, ask questions, read past devotions, or subscribe to receive these devotions daily in your e-mail at www.sanewriter.wordpress.com. Also, periodically check in at www.LifeThatMatters.net to see what’s going on in the ministry.
Links you won’t want to miss:
- Watch Sharon in two shows on The Holy Spirit Broadcasting Network:
- Life That Matters with Sharon Norris Elliott, and
- A View from the Upper Room
from any internet-connected device at www.HSBN.tv.
(Stream current show or view past episodes anytime!)
- Pick up a copies of Sharon’s books for yourself and as gifts for your family members and friends!
- Why I Get Into Trouble link to our eStore: https://www.createspace.com/5131814
- Boomerangs to Arrows: A Godly Guide for Launching Young Adult Children available from Judson Press (http://www.judsonpress.com/product.cfm?product_id=17387),
Boomerangs Videolink: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2JH_gbinMk
- Power Suit: The Armor of God Fit for the Feminine Frame from New Hope Publishers (http://www.newhopedigital.com/2010/08/power-suit/)
Sharon’s other books still available: