3/31/16: Special Request!
March 31, 2016
July 15, 2016 – update
Dear Family, Friends, Followers, and Supporters:
It has been 25 years since I attended my first Christian writers’ conference and discovered I was a writer. Soon after, I sensed my call to the ministry of the Word through writing and speaking. Since then, Life That Matters Ministries launched housing AuthorizeMe® Consulting, Coaching, and Editing Service; Milk & Honey Life Retreats; Sanewriter’s Blog: A Heart for the Word (www.sanewriter.wordpress.com); 10 published books; and a speaking/preaching ministry that has taken me all over the country. And a year ago, I joined the HSBN team. Whether you have been a long-time friend, a blog subscriber, or an audience member at an event or watching the HSBN network as I host Life That Matters and/or A View From the Upper Room, thank you. It is an honor knowing you read, listen, or watch.
Now an exciting opportunity has opened for me to preach in Africa! In association with Christ Passion Ministries, Dr. Kazumba Charles Ministries, and The Holy Spirit Broadcasting Network, I am part of the team scheduled to go to Zambia and Kenya for 14 days – October 11 – 24, 2016. We will take the
the general crusade, and a leadership conference to both Zambia’s and Kenya’s main cities. On both Sundays while we’re there (October 15 and 22), team members will spread out and preach at different churches.
Since I am operating as a missionary with the team, I must raise all the funds for my support for this amazing trip. The need includes the following:
- Round-trip airfare
- Lodging in several cities
- All ground transportation
- Personal expenses
- Books for the women
- Power Suit: The Armor of God Fit for the Feminine Frame – New Hope Publishers ($15/book, 36 books/case + shipping)
- Living a Milk and Honey Life: Letting Go of What’s Holding You Back – Beacon Hill Press ($14/book, 36 books/case + shipping)
- Books for children
- Why I Get Into Trouble – Alten Ink ($12/book, 40 books/case + shipping)
Dr. Charles is a native of Zambia and returns every year to take the good news of Jesus Christ to citizens of his beautiful land. Hundreds of people attend the conferences and crusades and are hungry for the Word. Do not be concerned about safety. Zambia is a Christian nation; 87% of the population, including most government officials, openly endorse and support Christians and our faith.
Please help me go!
God has graced me to be able to spread His word via my devotions and by preaching and teaching at churches and conferences nationwide. I am appealing to all my connections, new and old: devotional subscribers, Facebook friends, Twitter followers, Linked-In Connections, email connections, and churches and groups for which I have spoken. If you would each please give what you can ($5, $10, $20, $100, or more), you will be a part of carrying out the Great Commission as I travel to Africa with messages and books. You may want to sponsor the flight, my personal needs, the lodging, a case of books, etc., or if every person who reads this letter sends even a little, the need will be generously covered.
Here’s how to give:
- You can send your gifts directly to my website. Go to net
- Click the “Contact” button at the top of the page
- Fill in your contact information
- In the “Your Message” box, please indicate that you are sending a gift toward the Africa Mission trip.
- Click “Send.”
- Now click the “Donate” button and send your gift. I will receive the confirmation by email.
- I will add donations sent to my website to the monies being sent for me to HSBN. Let me know if you want a tax-deductible receipt and I will see to it that HSBN sends one to you.
- You can write a check and send it to me. Make the check payable to: Sharon Elliott. Send it to Rev. Sharon Elliott, P.O. Box 1519, Inglewood, CA 90308.
- You can send your gifts directly to HSBN.tv via the website or by mail.
- Use these steps for the website: Click the “Donate” tab.
- Scroll down to “Contact Us”
- Fill in your contact information. In the box that says, “What’s on your mind?” indicate my name – Sharon Norris Elliott – and the amount you are giving toward the Africa mission trip.
- Then scroll back up to the “PayPal” button and send your gift.
- Please send me a confirmation email at email@example.com with your contact information and the amount you gave. I’d like to keep a personal record of all gifts so I can send thank you notes.
- Your gifts will be tax deductible
- By mail: Send your check to Rev. Sharon Elliott, C/O The Holy Spirit Broadcasting Network, P.O. Box 6811, Orange, CA 92863.
- And if you’d like to pledge over the phone, call (877) 588-1664 and an operator will gladly walk you through the process.
Thank you in advance. Travel expenses will be covered first; then the rest will go toward my other expenses, and purchasing and shipping the books. The books must be shipped by August, so please send your gifts promptly. (Another branch of the mission organization is in charge of taking Bibles.) I will keep you up to date about the donations and travel plans as the months fly by and October approaches.
Love on the journey,
Rev. Sharon Norris Elliott