- Verse one: All who sail the sea of faith find out before too long,
- How quickly blue skies can grow dark and gentle winds grow strong.
- Suddenly fear is like white water pounding on the soul,
- Still we sail on knowing that our Lord is in control.
- Chorus: Sometimes He calms the storm with a whispered, “Peace be still.”
- He can settle any sea, but it doesn’t mean He will.
- Sometimes He holds us close and lets the wind and waves go wild.
- Sometimes He calms the storm and other times He calms His child.
- Verse two: He has a reason for each trial that we pass through in life,
- And though we’re shaken we cannot be pulled apart from Christ.
- No matter how the driving rain beats down on those who hold to faith,
- A heart of trust will always be a quiet peaceful place.
When Peter walked on water, he wasn’t walking on the smooth surface of a calm sea. He strode to Jesus on boisterous waves. Wind was whipping around, wreaking havoc with his hair and threatening to blow the tunic right off of his back. Yet, Peter walked on, staying on top of the waves as long as his eyes were on Jesus.
It’s the nature of a storm to cause devastation. We can expect a certain amount of fallout; it just doesn’t have to be us that falls out. Jesus eventually did calm the storm Peter was experiencing, but not until He had calmed Peter. And what calmed Peter? The simple knowledge that Jesus was there on the waves.
Psalm 107:29-30 says, “He calms the storm, so that its waves are still. Then they are glad because they are quiet; so He guides them to their desired haven” (NKJ). Our inner storms matter most to our Lord because we matter so much to Him. External circumstances run a distant second to His concern about the condition of our hearts.
Turn your attention today away from the storm raging around you. Focus on Jesus and Jesus alone. He will direct you as to how to walk on the waves. Before you know it, either the waves won’t matter to you anymore, or the storm will have passed. Either way, you will still be afloat.
Mission Trip Update! 19 days to go! NOW THERE’S A $1,000.00 MATCHING GRANT! All donations sent between September 1 – September 26 will be matched up to $1,000.00. That means you’ll actually be helping with double the amount you send! I still need $1,055.00 – $1,555.00 for lodging, food, visas, gift books for the women’s conference, etc. Please do not hesitate. I really need your financial donations now. Donations so far have covered my air travel and my vaccinations.
The trip has been narrowed down to KENYA and ZAMBIA! I’ve seen the proof of the posters that will be passed out and the billboards that will be placed throughout the cities. I will be teaching at the Leader’s Seminars, encouraging the ladies at the Women’s Seminars, and preaching at the evening crusades. People travel all over the world every day, but it’s my first time and I’m pinching myself being sure it’s all actually real! Thank you in advance! You can give three ways:
- Via Paypal through my ministry website: http://www.lifethatmatters.net. Click “Donate.” [Remember that Paypal charges a 3-4% fee on my end.]
- By check sent to my post office box: P.O. Box 1519, Inglewood, CA 90308
- Via Paypal through the HSBN.tv website. (Be sure to let the network know your donation is for Rev. Sharon Elliott’s Africa trip.)
Links you won’t want to miss:
- Watch Sharon in two shows on The Holy Spirit Broadcasting Network:
- Life That Matters with Sharon Norris Elliott, and
- A View from the Upper Room
from any internet-connected device at www.HSBN.tv.
(Stream current show or view past episodes anytime!)
- Pick up a copies of Sharon’s books for yourself and as gifts for your family members and friends!
- Why I Get Into Trouble link to our eStore: https://www.createspace.com/5131814
- Boomerangs to Arrows: A Godly Guide for Launching Young Adult Children available from Judson Press (http://www.judsonpress.com/product.cfm?product_id=17387),
Boomerangs Videolink: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2JH_gbinMk
- Power Suit: The Armor of God Fit for the Feminine Frame from New Hope Publishers (http://www.newhopedigital.com/2010/08/power-suit/)
Sharon’s other books still available: