Psalm 67:7 says, “God shall bless us, and all the ends of the earth shall fear Him” (NKJ).
The Hebrew word used for “bless” here is the word “barak.” We can bless God by giving Him adoration, and God can bless us by giving us benefits. Notice that whichever way blessing goes, some act of giving is involved. This verse says that “God shall bless us.” We can therefore be assured that by God’s hand, we will indeed receive some sort of benefit. Hallelujah! That’s good news.
Let’s keep reading the verse. Connected to part A of the verse is part B. The “God shall bless us” part is followed by a comma and the word “and,” indicating something of equal value and importance is attached. Our blessing will evoke a response. “All the ends of the earth shall fear Him.” In other words, everyone from every part of the world will be moved to reverence (yare`) God.
We must stop being stingy isolationists. We travel through life concerned only with what’s mine and ours, living in our comfortable little Christian bubble, testifying to and preaching to the choir. It’s the world that needs to see the magnificence of God, and it will only do so if we let the world witness what God can do with and for us. This means we must be willing to let God take us to the big stages. We cannot be afraid to be openly-Christian as we engage the world in the arenas of politics, show business, the arts, the business, and Wall Street. As we live for God in these arenas, and God blesses us, the ends of the earth will fear Him because the ends of the earth will see Him through us.
Live a holy life that God will bless, and don’t be afraid to do so out in the open. Our blessings are for a reason – so that our dying world can look and live. The world can only begin to reverence God if they see Him, and it sees Him by peering wide-eyed into our lives which God is blessing. May our blessings be a witness to someone today.
Africa Trip Update! NEW LOCATION – Our team is now going to Zambia and Uganda. Please sow a financial donation into my upcoming mission trip. Every dime you send will be used for the trip. Thank you in advance! Click this link: to go to the full request with instructions on how to give toward this amazing ministry opportunity! You can give three ways:
- Via Paypal through my ministry website: http://www.lifethatmatters.net
- Via The Holy Spirit Broadcasting Network cite: http://www.hsbn.tv
- By check sent to my post office box: P.O. Box 1519, Inglewood, CA 90308
©2016 Sharon Norris Elliott. Feel free to forward this devotion in its entirety, including this copyright line. Leave comments, ask questions, read past devotions, or subscribe to receive these devotions daily in your e-mail at www.sanewriter.wordpress.com. Also, periodically check in at www.LifeThatMatters.net to see what’s going on in the ministry.
Links you won’t want to miss:
- Watch Sharon in two shows on The Holy Spirit Broadcasting Network:
- Life That Matters with Sharon Norris Elliott, and
- A View from the Upper Room
from any internet-connected device at www.HSBN.tv.
(Stream current show or view past episodes anytime!)
- Pick up a copies of Sharon’s books for yourself and as gifts for your family members and friends!
- Why I Get Into Trouble link to our eStore: https://www.createspace.com/5131814
- Boomerangs to Arrows: A Godly Guide for Launching Young Adult Children available from Judson Press (http://www.judsonpress.com/product.cfm?product_id=17387),
Boomerangs Videolink: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2JH_gbinMk
- Power Suit: The Armor of God Fit for the Feminine Frame from New Hope Publishers (http://www.newhopedigital.com/2010/08/power-suit/)
Sharon’s other books still available: